Simple Ramblings of a Mad Woman

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Updates...new place to live

So I finally went down to Hamilton and found a place to live (well cross my fingers. I've filed the application and given first and last month's rent....still have to sign a lease).

It's not in westdale (the appartment I saw there is too small)...I didn't want to live in a house or over a building. It's kinda downtown (on wellington st north)...in a run down part of town (not in the east end) but it's a brand spanking new building. Parking is outdoors but covered (video cameras there...gonna get my mom to bless the car so it doesn't get broken into or stolen). It's a2 bedroom, 2 bath, with en suite laundry, AC, a FANTASTIC kitchen (a condo) for like $800/month plus hydro. I am SO excited. I found another 2 bedroom, 1 bath near St. Joe's for $730/month plus hydro but chose the more expensive one (did I tell u I have a laundry in my own appartment!) Not sure if I can actually afford the extra $70/month but I had planned on $750 plus hydro max so it's not too bad. I won't be eating out as much.

Simika: try not to scare the crap out of me by telling me the area is kinda sketchy. I already know :P After living in Woolner, I've become quite brave :)

Once I settle in, I plan to have a party and I expect all of you to come.

Other than that, not much going on. Studying for exams (well supposed to be). Got my Raghav CD ("the very best of Rhagav"...it's pirated. Cost me $3.)

I'm so excited about my new place! Need to get ppl to give me cash so I can go to Ikea and go nuts :P

2 Comments:

  • OMG THATS AWESOME!

    SO JEALOUS....$800/month for two bedrooms AND your own laundry!! WTF.
    Gawd why aren't things like that in TORONTO!
    Go for it girl....my budget was $700 and I ended up with $750 just cause I loved the place and the new kitchen :D

    Fingers crossed.....you'll get it inshallah.
    Good luck with the exmas!

    PS: omg I'm dying to see this place now.
    PPS: yo. will I see you before/on your birthday?

    By Blogger Tazzy, at 12:29 PM  

  • Sadia! i have been meaning to write to u ! but shit things have been crazy! well it sounds grand! i'm actually jealous - i was tihnking ai might move and live in hamilton myself - toronto is too expensive, and mississauga too close to parents ;-) hhehe but anyway - i think the place sounds lovely - so no scaring u! just be careful... hehehe try not to come home too late. Or better yet, come home late but make sure a hottie walks u home ;-)

    By Blogger F.S.Kabir, at 1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Simica