Simple Ramblings of a Mad Woman

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Arrogance

It's easy to become arrogant about one's accomplishments, looks, material wealth, etc. but I never realized until now that it is easy to become arrogant about the relationships in your life. I've, for the longest time, have would go on about my amazing friends and my relationship with them. Now I sadly realize that I had become arrogant about my perception of how good our relationship is. I like to think I don't brag about things (and in reflection, realize how false that is), I would brag about my friends and my friendships. With this arrogance came a complacency about the need to work on that relationship...I failed to ask if everything was ok...I failed to notice when things were bothering them, thinking they would just tell me. Even when I did notice, I quickly forgot, thinking well, they know me well enough to know that my heart is pure.

And in being arrogant about the security of my friendships, I didn't see the subtle things that I should have seen. It gave me a false sense of security that things will always be great.

Arrogance, in any shape or form, is a destructive thing and unfortunately prevents you from having the insight into how destructive it really is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Simica