Simple Ramblings of a Mad Woman

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Orlando...land stuck in the 80s

So I went to Orlando for a conference in December...I must say, I've never seen so many peach and green or pink and blue or yellow buildings. I felt like I was back in Miami Vice. There is not much to do there except go shopping at the outlet malls which are OK...it's next to impossible to find a really good dining experience (although I do reccomend Pio Pio...this small Latin place in a strip mall that serves rotisserie chicken and some other items. VERY good food, very fresh, cheap (you could eat for about 20/person all inclusive) and felt like home cooking. Atmosphere is cute.

My impression of Orlando...I'm shocked it is a tourist city as there is no culture there...but then I guess I'm used to a more cosmopolitan/metropolitan thing and that's what I enjoy.

Drove down to Daytona Beach...hmmm...there isn't even a nice coffee shop to sit on and look out at the water. What there is instead is a few fast food places selling fries, and hot dogs and such along with an arcade/chucky cheese type establishment. Tres "classy"

Saw some jellyfish on the beach...kinda creep me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Simica