Simple Ramblings of a Mad Woman

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

interesting random musings yet again

this is the week of contemplation...

probably b/c last week I worked 105hours (no joke) so I've left all the contemplating to this week (well until I'm on call Thursday I guess).

first and foremost...I might have mentioned the really hot radiologist where I work...that beautiful man, even with his subtle lisp, is just scrumtious to look at. I find out today he's married. My response, well if I make him Muslim he can marry 3 more (including me!)... does that smell of desparation or what

I met up with some friends of mine on the weekend post call...saw an acquaintance I hadn't seen in a while. I thought I had it bad with the introductions to random fobs...apparently not. Not only does she have to endure one meeting...but three! and in teh last one (which was a family dinner at a restaurant with her family and his uncle and aunt) HER mom ended up paying...now why does a nice, normal girl like her keep meetin random, idiotic fobs with no social skills?

Speaking of fobs, I've said many times in teh past, I am a FOB magnet...now a lot of you think I'm joking. I'm not. Even online, all I see to attract are FOBS...now can someone tell me WHAT is it that I am doing to deserve this??? Like am I a closet fob and just am in complete denial?

Although my new thing is I meet either a) younger guyz who are almost mature but not quite or b) almost non-FOBs (ie been here long enough to almost have gotten rid of all their fobness) but who thing they are players...


I'm attracted to men (not boys) who are very confident and self assured without being cocky... and there is a major shortage of such guyz in my community (at least in my experience)...if you think that I'm wrong and have an example to prove me wrong, please share!

Is it a bad thing that I no longer feel guilty about all the things I do that I shouldn't be doing???

Oh and I need a life...this work/eat/sleep thing is getting a bit overrated :P

also need to read a good book...any suggestions?

3 Comments:

  • kartography - by kamila shamsie ( i made shimi read it too! she'll attest to it - it's awesome)

    bee Season - Myla Goldberg (it's "seriousy")

    white teeth - zadie smith (for a hearty laugh)

    smothering - wendy french (chick lit is good for u!)

    By Blogger F.S.Kabir, at 9:10 PM  

  • *pat pat* there there you are not a FOB magnet hon....its just statistics, the non FOBS interesting and confident ones are taken or gay ;)

    as for books, all the ones sim recommended are good.
    But I think what you should REALY REALLY read right now is 'A suitable Boy' by Vikram Seth, if you hvn't read it already that is.
    Its the perfect book for what you are going through now.

    By Blogger Tazzy, at 10:14 AM  

  • hahaahah absolutely - i LOVED a suitable boy - one of my all time favourites - i didn't want to overwhelm u - it's about 1500 pages!

    By Blogger F.S.Kabir, at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Simica